Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Keeping up...is it worth it?

Just saw a tweet from my daughter's middle school teacher looking for a Twitter lesson plan. Does that mean it's here to stay? I spoke on copywriting to these kids last year and not one of them had heard of a Kindle. Told them they were pry among the last kids to go through school lugging individual text books. Though it felt good to know I knew something cool the kids didn't, I wondered why they didn't. Teens may be online all the time, but they're not playing in the same parts of the web sandbox the grown-ups are. My youngest learned I had a Twitter account and told me "Twitter is stupid, only adults care about it." Hmmm...

As I scan my inbox full of invites to webinars on the latest information sharing trends I have to wonder are they worth my time? Tell me, are you paying attention to all the latest "stuff" simply because someone (or lots of someones) are telling you to?

No comments: