Monday, January 26, 2009

Not the economic change I expected...

First, welcome to all of the new subscribers to the Solution Sandbox! Now that the holiday season is behind us, there will be more regular posts and I sincerely hope you enjoy them and will chime in with your thoughts!

Now, for today's topic...

With all the grim predictions, I'd braced myself for an unusually slow start to 2009. Instead, business is up and clients seem prepared to take on whatever challenges lie ahead. They're not necessarily cutting back on mailings, either.

But with each conversation, I'm noticing there seems to be more detail and thought to the planning process for each mailing. Not that there weren't specific plans before, but perhaps a more determined mindset to make every letter do REALLY well. I'm finding it all quite refreshing and from a skill standpoint a great opportunity to step up to the plate and deliver some seriously good copy.

So, Freelancers and Fundraisers, how has your year started out?

No comments: