Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Freelancers: When Does Push Become Shove?

One of the biggest complaints from freelancers is the unsteady flow of work and income. It's a gold mine one month and famine the next, but how you cope with it will eventually determine your longterm success.

After what's been the busiest fall yet for me, I actually have a few hours of breathing room this week and I admit, it's been really tempting to take a much-needed break. In past years I might have done that, but with the economy in such an unsteady state, it seems far wiser to push myself a little harder.

So instead of taking a couple of days off this week, I'll be finishing up a new ebook with a fellow writing friend that we're hoping to have out before year's end. It's on goal setting and success strategies for women, so we're doubly motivated to release it in time for all those New Year's resolution setters.

The economy and a deadline committed project partner have given me a good shove to keep up a busy and productive pace, what helps you?

No comments: