Friday, July 18, 2008

Fridays are the best day of the week...but why?

Happy Friday! 'Tis my favorite day of the week - a little bit of work, a little pleasure.

As a freelancer I've gotten into a groove of certain days being good for certain types of activities. And, Fridays seem to be best for beginnings and endings. I'm wrapping up getting my website updated, a task I'd put off far too long. And, a FedEx with information on a new client should arrive soon, I'm hoping to get the full scoop this afternoon on a new project for an existing client with a quick turnaround and another article to promote my new ebook is next on the to-do list. Always nice to give the creative juices plenty to work with over java on a Saturday morning.

I've tried to relegate Mondays, my least favorite day and least productive creatively, to handling paperwork and other mundane activities that are appropriate to my attitude and brain power after a full weekend. It's also been helpful to try to protect large chunks of time mid-week to avoid feeling a time crunch at the same time I'm trying to relax and be creative. Is all this making me sound...moody?

Please, tell me I'm not alone in shaping my days this way! Freelancers, how do you arrange your work days to optimize your time? And, client friends in offices, do you face the same dilemmas? I know you have to work around staff meetings, trainings and client meetings...what's the best way for freelancers to keep in touch and make things easier for you?

No comments: